Skip to main content

Intangibles I am not carrying forward in New Year



Old me ,I am sure is not going with me in new year. Pooja ,who was always looking for something or someone to base her happiness upon is definitely staying behind.Happiness does not exist in things or people, It lives in me,it lives in you.

" When the desire to be wanted overtakes the desire to be who we are,we lose our way." 

                                                                                                        -Susan Winter

Be kind to yourself. Being kind to yourself may seem a scary risk. But what's even scarier is what will happen to your life if you take no risk at all.Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up being the biggest step of your life. Tip Toe if you must,but take the step.

Love yourself,pamper the new YOU

Only agenda for 2018 is to stay committed to myself, rest all will fall in place. I made efforts to get fit in 2017 but let go of them by the year end but I am re picking the threads of health. So, no procrastination in 2018. I have practiced hard to stay positive last few months, now no more practicing ,I will make it flow natural. life may not be a party I hoped for ,But while I am here I should sharpen my Bhangra steps till I hit center stage of my party.

Renewing my knowledge and learning a new subject is what I am looking forward to.Creativity ,Innovation and foresight is the window that will sharpen my skill sets for the new challenge I am taking on...writing a Book! Therefore creating and adhering to timelines become crucial for me if I want to turn challenges into opportunity.

Saving more money to travel and explore world is primary if I want to enrich my experiences for better writing results.Financial management is one life skill which needs mastery by this life skill coach😏

Widening my social and professional circle is necessary if I really want to publish my book;who will read the book if no one knows about it.So no shying away from socials.

   I will   read more books ,in fact will  read something new each day leading to my best performance at work. How can books help me deliver at my job? Ideas and thoughts learned will help me help students achieve their dreams; in turn helping me to deliver best performance at my work .I am grateful for a job that help me live my passion-helping and teaching.

Gratitude for the support through out 2017 and Best Wishes for a fabulous 2018 !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

' To Stop' list

Everyday as I check in office ,I see lots of sticky notes pasted on boards,strewn  around wastebaskets.They were yesterday's 'TO DO' lists. Much of accomplished work ,ticked boxes or some not ticked too.A very good way to organize your work and get things accomplished. I have lot to be accomplished in my mind too. But my mind play games.It takes me to the trip of a far away land , land of apprehensions,sometime land of doubts and land of fear too. A dreamland of expectations has been visited a lot by me. Guilt trips are too often for a working mom like me who juggle PTA meets and boardroom meetings. Eureka! Seeing these sticky notes around, made me realize that what We need more is 'TO STOP' list; more than the To Do list to get us ahead with our work. Every morning lets make mental notes as well as visible reminders also of our 'To Stop' list.  What I need to tell my mind To Stop doing today is: Stop expecting and start giving Stop Telling an...

3 Wonderful Ways Storytelling Can Help You Crack A Job Interview

Interviews are conversations between two people (maybe more) with the primary objective of judging an applicant by the recruiter.  The interview is a complex process where oral communication, persuasion, negotiation and storytelling work in tandem to help recruiter judge a candidature. The job of the candidate is to persuade the recruiter to judge in his/her favour. Storytelling has a wider use in today’s world whether it’s marketing a brand or marketing self to a Recruiter, storytelling can do the magic for you. My interactions with students just out of the interview room, at UPES as an employability coach, give me a sneak peek of what works and what does not. Those who come out smiling have a story to tell and those with a frown are lost for words. The emotional connections that stories make are engaging and move the audience. Storytelling persuades listeners to be more attentive. Those who understand the power of stories do their best to widen their outlook and those who wit...

What If and Why Not?

Not Yet ……is the phrase to be used when we lose. Pick yourself up to strive one more time rather than say, ‘ I failed’ . When the focus is winning and success, we lose. People who are oblivion of winning and work for excellence, with passion and love; the success knocks at their door at the time when least expected. Best talents may remain hidden or be lost at the worst as they lack the grit to stumble and get up on the roadblocks on way to success. Lack of willingness to fail and start all over again is the root cause of failure not the absence of technical or life skills. All these skills are acquirable if you have the grit. REMEMBER: To grow a carrot, the farmer must give it fertilizer, water, and soil—but must allow for the carrot to grow and spread its own roots; only this way can the carrot find its path to the most nutrients to ensure the strongest growth. Same goes for us, learn the right skills, acquire knowledge and strive but do not focus on winning all time, our...